These are my teaching fees for one person. All prices are in sterling (GBP).
5 sessions of 1 hour
Suitable as a short refresher before your next trip, test or project.
You’ll have 2 months to use this package from the date of payment.
10 sessions of 1 hour
Recommended if you’d like to have enough time to cover several topics in depth.
You’ll have 4 months to use this package from the date of payment.
20 sessions of 1 hour
Perfect to cover a lot of ground and/or if you’ll be taking several lessons a week.
You’ll have 6 months to use this package from the date of payment.
If you’re looking for group lessons, or you have any special requests (e.g. you wish to prepare for an exam and/or take shorter or longer lessons), please contact me to tell me what you need and I’ll send you a tailored proposal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who do you teach?
I teach adults of all levels. I don’t currently teach children or people under 18.
I’m LGBTQIA+ friendly. I normally find it easy to get along and have a good working relationship with people of all backgrounds, regardless of culture, religion, nationality or identity of any kind.
What do the fees include?
The fees above include the following services for one person:
- Private lessons of 1 hour each (60 minutes) on a flexible schedule.
- Homework to help you consolidate what you’ve learned and prepare what’s coming next.
- Homework marking, with feedback and comments, carried out outside the lessons.
- Additional (optional) reading and listening tasks so you keep reading and/or listening to Spanish outside the lessons.
- A progress report at the end of each block of lessons.
- Personalized materials. *
* Depending on the type of lessons that you need, I might recommend that you buy a textbook, a workbook, a grammar book, and/or an exam-preparation book (e.g. for the DELE). These additional materials are not included in my fees. We’ll discuss this during our trial lesson.
How do I book lessons with you?
These are the steps:
- If you’ve never taken private lessons with me, please book a free trial lesson first. This will be a chance for you to make sure I’m the teacher you’re looking for – and for me to find out more about your goals and current level.
- After the trial lesson, you’ll receive a tailored learning plan. If you like my proposal, I’ll send you the payment instructions.
- Once I’ve received payment, I’ll send you a link to a private calendar (to which only you and I will have access) so you can see my availability and book your lessons whenever suits you.
When are you available?
These are my usual working hours, from Monday to Friday:
- U.S. East Coast + Montreal & Toronto: from 5.00 to 15.00
- Western European Time (London, Dublin, Lisbon): from 10.00 to 20.00
- Central European Time (Paris, Brussels, Berlin): from 11.00 to 21.00
- Japan and Korea: from 18.00 to 4.00 in the summer, and from 19.00 to 5.00 during winter
I might be able to teach outside these times or during the weekend, but this is not guaranteed. Please check with me before payment, as there may be an additional cost or I may just not be available. There’s also a chance I may be able to teach outside this times on occasion, but not on a regular basis.
Please keep in mind that the last 2 hours of the day (6-8 PM London time) are the most popular – they’re often booked months in advance, especially from October to March. If you can only do these times, please contact me to check my availability.
Which payment methods do you accept?
My preferred payment method is bank transfer.
On request, I can also accept credit card payments via Stripe.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule a lesson?
My cancellation policy is flexible, but there are some ground rules to ensure I can provide the same quality service to all my students:
Rescheduling a lesson:
- You’ll be able to reschedule a lesson at no extra cost to you, as long as you let me know at least 24 hours before the original starting time.
- If you give me less than 24 hours’ notice, you won’t be able to reschedule – the lesson will be cancelled and no replacement lesson will be offered.
- I don’t normally cancel lessons. However, very occasionally, I might have an emergency and need to reschedule at short notice. While this is rare, if it were to happen, I’ll extend your package’s expiration date to make sure that you can recover the lesson at a new time of your choice.
Cancelling a package:
- Once you’ve booked a package, you won’t be able to freeze it or ask for a reimbursement, except in very special cases (e.g. serious illness) which we’ll have to negotiate based on the circumstances of the time.
- I don’t normally cancel packages, but in the very unlikely event that I had to (e.g. serious illness), I’ll give you the option to either freeze the package or receive a reimbursement for the remaining sessions.
Why and when do packages expire?
To help you make the most of the lessons, as well as to allow me to make myself available to all students wishing to study with me, each package has an expiration date:
- The 5-lesson package expires 2 months from payment.
- The 10-lesson package expires 4 months from payment.
- The 20-lesson package expires 6 months from payment.
Except in very exceptional circumstances (e.g. serious illness), which will need to be negotiated based on the circumstances of the time, after the expiration date, all unused lessons will be lost and you’ll need to book a new package in order to book any further lessons.
Do you teach in person, e.g. at my office or in a public space?
As a general rule, no: I only teach online.
Having said this, if we live nearby, I’m open to negotiation – but you’ll have to ask me before booking.
Please keep in mind that there might be an additional cost, based on factors such as travel time or if there’s a minimum consumption requirement wherever we meet.
Do you prepare students for the DELE and/or other exams?
Yes. Please send me all the details for a quote.
Do you teach groups?
Yes, as long as everyone has roughly the same level (or a similar, compatible level for conversation classes).
Please send me all the details for a quote.